This recipe is adapted from Donna Hay’s “No Time to Cook” cookbook. The original calls for pancetta and does not call for mushrooms but I don’t do very well on salty things so I opted to remove the pancetta for that reason. With that said, it does add depth of flavour and colour to the dish so I’ll include the measurements in the ingredients list below and you can choose whatever variation suits you.
I usually make this once a week because it requires one pot, very little prep time and tastes amazing with nearly zero effort. Win win win!
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 2.5 cups chicken broth (I use homemade bone broth)
- 30g butter
- 2 tbsp fresh sage leaves, sliced
- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 200g sliced mushrooms (either button or brown will work)
- 25g grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
* If you’d like to add the pancetta, go for 6 slices, roughly chopped